Sky's The Limit
Diamond Stone International School (DSIS) is an authorized IB World School and has a vision to become the world leader in K-12 education by spreading its network throughout the globe. DSIS is dedicated to providing academic excellence and realising every student’s potential, both inside and outside the classroom.
IB – The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. Through blending the best of a traditional curriculum with the innovative IB methodology, DSIS students experience a high quality education that is tailored to their strengths and needs and to the world they live in.
At DSIS we develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills required to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
The school provides education that is suited to the needs of the individual. Teachers, students and the community work together to make a significant contribution towards the ultimate goal of producing happy, enlightened and globally-minded citizens.
It is progressive, forward-thinking, and child-centered, using an integrated, interactive approach. Themes and Units are carefully planned to cross artificial subject barriers. This enables the student to have a far more realistic view of the world in which he/she lives and needs to function successfully. Much of the teaching is based on the assumption that understanding is a fundamental requirement for any learning to take place. Therefore, much of the work is based on hands-on experience and research-skills, where the role of the teacher becomes that of a facilitator. Here, the students take an active part in their own learning. They are encouraged to use their own initiative and develop into independent learners with a strong desire to think critically.
Our curriculum is designed to be thought-provoking, relevant and international in its nature. This we achieve for our students by implementing the IB Programmes which have the dual aims of helping our students become better people and life-long learners. Our programmes are recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the Indian 10 + 2.
To develop global leaders equipped with skills, knowledge and temperament to face challenges with courage, confidence and innovation.
To create purpose for learning and allow children to be thinkers, innovators and problem solvers which will result in a natural and integrated development of knowledge, skills and thinking.
- To offer an education that will facilitate a student’s transfer between international or national systems
- To offer a curriculum which will give the opportunity to gain internationally recognized qualifications
- To provide students with knowledge and attitudes which prepare them for continued growth, further education and participation in the affairs for life to the maximum of each student’s individual capacity
- To enable students to acquire skills, knowledge and understanding through an activity and inquiry-based learning programme, and for the students to realize the relevance and benefit of such a programme and to enjoy it.
- To guide students towards independence and self-discipline, recognizing that the schooling programme includes both academic and social learning.
- To respect individual and cultural differences and ensure a concern for fellow human beings.
- To assist each student to acquire the greatest possible understanding of his/herself and an appreciation of his/her worth as an individual and as a member of our society.
- To encourage creativity and provide enrichment opportunities in addition to
the development of basic skills.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop a high regard for health, physical development and fitness, and understand that physical activity leads to a healthier and more productive life
- To encourage community involvement on the part of the students and the active participation of their parents in the life of the school.
- To inculcate a sense of enjoyment in the search for mutual understanding and respect, while striving to achieve personal and shared goals.